Are you considering getting one or more cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve your self-image? Read on to learn more about available treatments. This review takes a closer look at the specific reasons why cosmetic dentistry patients often feel more confident in their smiles, providing them with more willingness to go out and pursue the things…
What to Ask at Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
A cosmetic dentistry consultation is the first step to getting the stunning smile you deserve. Before your consultation appointment, you need to know the issues you want to address, your budget, and the procedures you think will fit your needs. You should make a list of questions you want to ask your dentist during your consultation appointment as well.
The consultation allows your dentist to examine your teeth and gums to recommend specific treatments. Still, it also allows you to ask your dentist any questions you may have regarding their training and credentials, specific treatment options, and more. This article will outline a list of questions you should ask your dentist during your consultation appointment before you choose to undergo any treatment. These questions are designed to help you evaluate your dentist’s skills and experience and determine if they are the right doctor to perform the procedures you are interested in.
Questions to ask during your consultation appointment
It is important to be thorough with your questions during your consultation appointment. These questions will help you determine whether the procedure is right for you, and it will help you determine if your dentist is the right cosmetic dentist for the job.
- What certification(s) do you hold, and how much training do you have in doing cosmetic procedures?
- How often have you performed the procedure(s) I am interested in?
- Am I a good candidate for the procedure(s) I am interested in? If not, are there any alternatives or steps I can take to improve my candidacy for treatment?
- What are the risks and benefits of these procedures?
- Will I need a sedative or local or general anesthesia for the procedure?
- What have other patients’ experiences been like with these treatments?
- Can you show me any before and after photos of people who have had this procedure done?
- Can you show me a preview of what my potential results may look like?
- Do you recommend any additional procedures or alternative treatments to the procedure(s) I am interested in? Why or why not?
- What are the estimated costs of these treatments? Are there payment plans available?
Asking these questions can help you appropriately prepare, while also educating yourself about the procedure as a whole. It's also a good time to learn if there are things you should consider during recovery so that you can make appropriate plans.
Observations to make a note of during your consultation appointment
It would be best if you prepared to take either mental or written notes throughout your consultation. Notes can help you determine if you feel comfortable having your cosmetic dentistry procedures performed by your dentist. Some things you will want to make a note of may include the following:
- Is the staff knowledgeable, friendly, and welcoming?
- Is the office clean and organized?
- Do you feel safe and comfortable?
- Did the dentist make you feel comfortable and relaxed when you met with them?
- Do they ask questions about your cosmetic goals and budget?
- Do they address all your concerns to your satisfaction?
- Do they thoroughly and clearly explain all your options?
- Do they explain what to expect from each procedure?
- Do they give you a preview of the changes you can expect to achieve with each procedure?
- Do they explain the customization of specific procedures and how to combine procedures?
- Do the recommended procedures meet your cosmetic goals?
- Are the recommendations financially affordable for you based on your budget?
These are the questions you should ask and what you should consider during your cosmetic dentistry consultation. These questions should help you prepare for your next steps toward getting the smile you want.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Cosmetic Dentist in Ashburn, VA.
If you are looking to improve your smile, you may be thinking of trying cosmetic dentistry. This type of dental work focuses on covering or treating certain issues to change the appearance of one's teeth, gums, or both. Most people have at least one complaint about their smile, ranging from missing, misshapen, and misaligned teeth…
Wondering if a dental restoration is in your near future? According to Cleveland Clinic, restorations are the various ways a dentist can replace or restore missing teeth or missing parts of the tooth structure. Ready to learn more about dental restorations?Understanding more about the dental restoration process, as well as the types of restoration options available,…
A smile makeover can come in many forms. While you may think of this mostly as something that restores the look and function of teeth, gums can pose problems too. A common issue is what is known as a gummy smile. This occurs when more of a person’s gums than their teeth show when they…